Today, home air purifiers are increasingly being used in homes and apartments. The prerequisites for this are various negative factors – the presence of large industrial facilities near the dwelling or the bad ecological situation around. All devices have their own unique qualities and characteristics.
Air purifiers are designed to remove various microbes, dust, tobacco smoke, animal hair from the air space of the premises. In general, all those substances that cause allergic reactions, pungent odors and spread bacteria. Unfavorable environment has a dangerous effect on the human body and causes various diseases.
The standard device is an enclosure frame in which the fan and filters are located. With the help of blades, the polluted air flow is brought to the filtering system consisting of mesh cells of different sizes. To improve the quality of cleaning, many models have several types of filters. Each element serves a different purpose.
They are universal devices. Equipped with an ultraviolet lamp, which is a catalyzing filter. They are able to catch even very fine dust and lint.
- No frequent replacement of parts is required due to the use of porous glass material in these devices.
- They have a high level of performance in cleaning the air space from harmful chemical, gas and smoke contaminants.
- Able to remove biological, viral, fungal and bacterial infections.
- Characterized by good sunlight penetration and absorption.
- They consume a small amount of energy, which saves a lot of money.
- They are quiet in operation.
- They contribute to the decomposition of the mud fragments to a molecular state, thanks to the special waves emitted by the device.
- Not all models can effectively clean the air of small particles of dust and mites.
The essence of their work is to absorb gas molecules. Such products are the best to protect the premises from pungent odors. The efficiency of mechanisms depends on the size of carbon filtering elements. There are products with mechanical filters that pre-clean the air. This contributes to minimal contamination of the charcoal elements.
- High level of volatile matter capture.
- Excellent performance at clearing the space of carbons and aromatic compositions.
- Good at picking up pungent odors and vaporizing gases.
- Create a reliable barrier to fine, solid debris.
- Have a low degree of cleanliness from bacteria and viruses.
- Do not use them in rooms with a high percentage of humidity.
- Filter elements must be replaced regularly (once every four months).
With fine mechanical cleaning (HEPA)
The devices have a frame inside which certain material with microscopic apertures is placed. Due to this design, the usable working space is increased. The electrostatic field helps to attract more dust to keep it inside the filter element.
- Refers to devices that have a high percentage of efficiency.
- Are an excellent barrier to dust, bacteria, mites and pollen.
- Have uncomplicated maintenance.
- Low percentage of efficiency in getting rid of gases and viruses.
- Requires regular replacement of filter elements.
With coarse mesh
These are certain metal meshes. They create a reliable barrier to large fragments of hair and debris.
- Silent way of operation.
- High efficiency of the devices.
- These products require constant cleaning.
They have a cleaning mechanism in two stages. The first involves the ionization of dirt particles. The second consists of plates with positive charges. All debris remains on them. Such elements need to be constantly rinsed with a water solution.
- Create fresh air.
- Promotes good health.
- Relieves fatigue and irritation.
- Increase dust settling on objects.
- Have medical contraindications.
- Increases ozone levels in the air.
Water (humid) These are used in devices with a built-in air washing or humidifying function. Consists of trays of water and certain systems by which dust becomes wet and settles in the enclosure. The water should be changed depending on how dirty it is.
- Low noise level.
- Efficient optimal humidification of the space.
- Safe to use.
- Removal of large particles of debris from the air.
- Low power consumption.
- Saturation of the air with moisture is slow.
With 2 or 3 filters in one device
Helps to remove harmful microorganisms and dirt particles at the same time. They are very popular among people with allergic symptoms.
- They are multifunctional and highly effective.
- Often used as air fresheners.
- They are long-lasting and easy to use.
- Expensive maintenance of appliances due to frequent replacement of filter elements.
These elements are usually used as part of multi-purpose air purifiers. The principle of action is similar to the quartz process.
- Safety due to what such a device is often installed in medical institutions and in apartments.
- Purifiers are simple noiseless devices with low electricity consumption.
- They do not produce ozone.
- After their exposure there are no decay products in the room, thanks to which they are used in rooms where people can be present.
- They have an unpretentious way of maintenance.
- Compactness allows them to be easily transported.
- Excellent against the spread of fungus and mold.
- High cost.
Thus, in order to ensure that poor air quality in work and home areas does not pose a danger to the human body, you should always have an air purifier. Its choice is not difficult, because there are always many models on sale that meet all the requirements of the modern consumer.